Specific Goals: I want to encourage gun ownership.
I. What is the foundation of modern technology? It’s the history of the gun.
Prices start at $12
Prices start at $11
Prices start at $10
Thesis Statement: I will persuade you in that, (1) federal gun control laws are unconstitutional, and (2) I will prove the 2nd Amendment is both a “State” and “Individual Right.”
I.The foundation of our country is based in English Bill of Rights and the American Revolution.
A. What is the difference between the Declaration of Independence, the U. S. Constitution and
the “Bill of Rights?”
1. The Declaration of Independence gives the reasons, as to why America wanted separation.
2. The Constitution gives the federal government certain powers.
3. The “Bill of Rights” limited the power of the federal government.
B. The views of gun control advocates.
1. Gun control saves lives.
2. When America was founded guns only shot one bullet at a time.
3. Gun control will keep guns out of the hands of criminals.
4. Children should not have guns.
5. Gun control will reduce the hazards to law enforcement.
6. If citizens carry guns, there will be daily shoot-outs in the streets.
7. We don’t want to ban deer rifles, just assault rifles.
8. Why do you need an assault rifle?
9. The entertainment industry is not at fault, it’s the gun’s fault!
10. The 2nd is a collective right and not an “Individual Right.”
C. My rebuttal to gun control advocates.
1. Vehicle control saves more lives than gun control.
2. The musket was an assault rifle, like the AK-47 is today.
3. If you don’t want criminals to have guns, keep them behind bars.
4. As a child I had guns, and I came out ok.
5. Law enforcement is often the problem, remember Rodney King.
6. Crime has gone down in States with right to carry laws.
7. The Violence Policy Center wants to vilify the deer rifle.
8. Who knows what the future holds? Do you remember Hilter? The economic fall-out of 1929?
9. The gun’s fault? Could it be society has been socially conditioned, into violence behavior?
10. The 2nd is both a “State” and “Individual Right.” (historical)
II. I defy my opponents to show in the “Bill of Rights” where it bars any particular type of firearm.
A. I lawfully purchased the AK-47, with in the frame-work of the Constitution. The federal
government allowed it to be imported. The State of Texas allowed it to be sold, thus making its
ownership Constitutional. (legal)
B. My views are better than my opponents views, because the 2nd Amendment in the “Bill of Rights”
is intended to limit the power of the federal government, and not that of the States. (constitutional)
C. Not only does the 2nd Amendment give the power to the States, but it also gives, an “Individual
Right” as indicated by the words “the people.” (language)
III. My call to Action.
A. Protect your gun rights.
1. Join the National Rifle Association.
2. Vote for pro-2nd Amendment candidates.
3. Write your representatives in favor of the 2nd Amendment.
B. Take “Responsibility” for your life, liberty, and happiness, go buy a “GUN”.
I. The 2nd Amendment did not get into the “Bill of Rights” by accident. It was put there to give the people the final say in our governments system of checks and balances.
Cite this page
This content was submitted by our community members and reviewed by Essayscollector Team. All content on this page is verified and owned by Essayscollector Team. All comments and user reviews are moderated by Essayscollector Team. In the case of any content-related problem, you can reach us through the report button.