She spoilt everything for Melinda and me. She told lies about me and kept hurting my feelings until I cried like a baby. Melinda was given a choice to hang around the popular girls or hang around a freak. Guess what she picked? I do not want to hang around myself either. Melinda walked out of my life for permanent and did not look back at all. Well, guess how I felt anyway I have to go to my next French lesson. Well, I am back and guess what? Corey Dylan spoke to me in French, and I was so surprised `cause no one actually talks to me, especially the popular kids, and get this, Corey asked me if I wanted to go with him to the local High School Dance. Guess what I replied, YES!! Does my life suck? Do birds fly of course, I would go with Corey. Anyway, I thought what if he wanted to go with me so he could make a fool out of me.
Oh no, what had I let myself in for? Oh well, what can I say? At least Corey was not going with Denise, which was what Corey had done for the past 2 years. So would I if I was going out with someone I would take them to the dance too. Anyway, as I was saying, Corey asked me out. Well, I must go to the lunch. Hi, I am back. Have I got news for you? Rumour has it that Corey only asked me to the dance so he could get back at Denise for snogging his best friend James (who is also pretty )? Shock, horror gasp. What am I supposed to do, have you got any advice for me? No, oh well, I suppose I just have to make do with what happens. The prom ( or so I call it ) is in the senior hall. WOW!!! Oh, I forgot you do not know anything about the senior hall well let me tell you about it, it’s really big, and I mean really big, and you get to have a real band playing last year it was Human Nature.
They are the coolest band around and the most popular band in the whole of America. Every girl got a kiss from every member, but Tim, that’s the sexiest of them, actually gave me a snog. You will not believe the feeling I got. He actually gave me his number, but I have been too scared to ring him. So if things do not work out between Corey and me, I could always give Tim a ring..They want to hear what happens at lunch. You do! well, that is very good. Come on then, what are you waiting for.
- “Hi, Melanie
- . “”Hi, Jessica, is it true you are going to the dance with Corey”?
- “Yes, why? “
- “Oh, it is just that people have been spreading rumours that he is only taking you so that he can get back at Denise. Is this true?”
- “No, and if it was, it has nothing to do with you, okay?!!”
- “Bitch! “
- “Excuse me, but are you talking to me “.
- So what if I am? Do you have a problem “?
- Yes, I do, and that problem is your face. Your mother must have been brain dead when she decided to keep you.”
- “You know what? I think someone should give you a couple of slaps maybe that will teach you some manners.”
- “Maybe it will, but what do I have to do in order to teach you some manners kill you.”
- ” Oh my lord, I want to give you a coupler of slaps, but I am gonna bang you up.”
- ” Oh hiya, James, how are you.”
- ” Oh, I am fine hiJennifer, what are you doing, Melinda.”
- ” I am about to bang up Jennifer; want to watch?”
- “No thanks, that are Corey’s girl, and Corey managed to forgive me, and if I watch you beat up his new girlfriend, he will kill me.”
- “What you mean Corey really likes her “
- ” Yeah of course he really likes her what you thought that he was trying to get back at Denise or something he was just waiting for a chance to dump Denise,”
- ” You mean you planned this with Corey? To set Denise up make her look like a fool. “
- ” Yes, he thought that Denise was too full of herself that she couldn’t learn to love anyone but herself so he gave her too many chances and then when he saw the real her he came up with this plan everyone knew what was happening except for her `cause she was too busy taking the piss out of people like our dear friend here Jennifer ain`t that right “
- ” That sure is right James.”
- “Hey Jennifer, how about a hug because I stood up for you “
- “Excuse me you want me to give you a hug “
- ” Yeah, you are right. Corey will really blow the roof with you if he thinks your gonna act like Denise.”
Then he just walks off. But, hey, something good also happened. Well, you see Denise’s best friend Charlotte or, as she says, ex-best friend, and she asked me if I wanted to become head of the cheerleading group here, listen to the conversation for yourself. The scene is in the cafeteria, on the popular table. They prefer to call it GIRLS ONLY, although boys sit there too. You know where I sat. I sat right next to my new boyfriend. Oh my God, you will never believe in a million years what happened. He was trying to ask me weird questions. Anyway, you can see how that happened and how I managed to become head of the cheerleading group.
- “Hey, Jennifer,
- “Hey Charlotte, what’s up”
- “Don’t look now, but Denise is coming.”
- “There is she coming over to sit with us.”
- “She better not be. Wait, she isn’t; oh my God, she is sitting with those people, those boffins?
- Anyway, that lunchtime was the coolest. All of them are so cool.